The usage of neoantigen peptides in cancer vaccines is a rapidly growing and highly promising therapeutic field in cancer treatment ¹⁻⁴. Preparing neoantigen peptides demands the highest level of care and reliability in terms of “meeting the specifications” and on-time delivery to the patient. Owing to our thorough expertise in peptide chemistry and a proven track record in fulfilling and surpassing customer expectations, Pepscan knows what it takes to be a world-class partner in this arena.
Synthetically produced tumor-specific antigens, also called neoantigens, open a new route to personalized cancer treatment. Neoantigens are particularly interesting for immune treatment because they are not present in normal tissue. Therefore, neoantigens present a unique and rapidly developing personalized cancer treatment with an important therapeutic potential for patient groups, scientists and industry alike.
Preparation of neoantigen peptide vaccines involve the following five critical steps:
- Isolation of a patient’s tumor tissue.
- Tumor-genome sequencing and mutation analysis.
- Identification of tumor mutational spectrum and computational analysis.
- Synthesis of most important peptide mutants and pooling thereof.
- Incorporation of peptide pools prior to use in vaccine manufacturing and patient treatment.
Pepscan is a provider of peptides and peptide-based services with >25 years of experience in manufacturing complex peptide constructs and high-throughput peptide libraries. Preparing neoantigen peptides for personalized medication routinely demands the highest level of care and reliability in terms of “meeting the specs” and on-time delivery to the patient. Currently, Pepscan is a partner in several neoantigen projects, delivering high- quality peptides in the shortest possible time frame conform to GMP.
Pepscan’s offering in Personalized Medicine
- High-quality peptides, manufactured conform to GMP and with the ultra-fast delivery times required for personalized therapeutic vaccine application.
- Robust synthesis validation, fully-optimized synthesis protocols & purification procedures, stringent quality control, and timely delivery with worldwide shipping.
- Fast and personal consultation by experienced peptide chemists.
- Highly trained staff with years of experience in peptide synthesis, design, stability, structural optimization, and molecular recognition of peptides.
For representative reviews on this subject please see the articles below:
1.Bobisse, S. et al. Neoantigen-based cancer immunotherapy. Ann Transl. 2016 July;4(14):262.
2. Tureci, O. et al. Targeting the Heterogeneity of Cancer with Individualized Neoepitope Vaccines. Clin Cancer Res. 2016 Apr 15;22(8):1885-96.
3. Yarchoan, M. et al. Targeting neoantigens to augment antitumor immunity. Nature Reviews Cancer. 2017 Apr;17(4):209–222.
4. Sharma, P. et al.The future of immune checkpoint therapy. Cancer Immunology and Immunotherapy. Science. 2015 Apr 3;348(6230):56-61.