Director (m/f) of Epitope Mapping
We are seeking for a highly talented and motivated senior scientist to lead our epitope mapping team that runs the commercial epitope mapping platform service that we offer to external clients.
The candidate will initiate, manage and supervise projects with external clients on epitope mapping in general and will supervise a small team of technicians and research scientists that are running our projects on a daily basis.
Experience and scientific background in protein-protein interaction/protein design and high throughput microarray-screening is desired. An important part of the work involves antibody – antigen binding studies as well as epitope mapping experiments. It includes the design and data analysis of large complex structured peptide libraries. The position also requires structural knowledge of protein structure and skills in bioinformatics to analyze the binding activity of peptides to a given antibody and translate that into the location of the complex epitope on the native protein structure.
Skills & Experience
The candidate should have a PhD-degree in a relevant discipline ((bio)chemistry, structural biology, bioinformatics) ideally with at least 2-4 years of post-doctoral experience. Moreover, the candidate should have basic knowledge in the field of immunology and vaccinology, as well as a proven track record in data-analysis and be able to show evidence of productive, independent contributions in science, preferably demonstrated by a strong publication record. Experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical company environment is considered advantageous. With excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the candidate should be able to manage and run research projects independently. Candidate must be a team player with strong analytical skills and has strong oral and written communication skills with pro-active behavior. The ability to present the company on meetings and conferences is also expected.
As the service of epitope mapping is a commercial service that is offered to external clients, the candidate is supposed to show a business-driven and customer-oriented working attitude, with the ability to communicate and discuss results with external clients by phone or via e-mail.
Applicants are requested to submit their CV with a cover letter outlining their motivation for the position by email to email@example.com.
We are serving our customers with finding solutions for their research challenge and for that raising our quality system from ISO 9001:2015 to GMP, to provide the highest quality for the clinical trials of our customers.
For this new strategic step, we are looking for a
Quality Assurance Lead
who will help us to implement and to execute GMP at Pepscan.
What do you do as a Quality Assurance Lead?
In this position you are responsible and have a central role in building up and implementing the quality management within the company. You are constantly alert for improvements with regard to quality performance and contribute to improvement projects. You identify, analyze, initiate, advise, implement, follow up and improve!
As a QA Lead you have the following activities:
- Dispositioning of Pepscan products for distribution.
- Training the personnel and building up the company towards a full valid GMP environment.
- Create with the colleagues quality standards and SOP’s, which you will then also monitor.
- Maintain the quality management system (evaluation, advising, designing, implementing and monitoring procedures).
- Carrying out/responsible for internal audits to ensure compliance status and to communicate the progress of solutions to the CEO.
- Gather information in preparation for the root cause analysis in case of customer complaints.
- Trending of customer complaints.
- Maintain communication with the QA department of suppliers.
- Hosting regulatory and customer audits.
What do we ask/job requirements?
- Higher level of education (Master) in Life Sciences or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in a GMP environment.
- Experience as quality lead in GMP environment is considered as highly recommended.
- Experience with internal and external audits.
- Knowledge of and practical experience with quality management systems.
- Excellent communication skills at various levels, both Dutch and English.
- Personal characteristics: quality-oriented, pro-active, flexible, accurate, hands-on mentality, stress-resistant, pragmatic, decisive and a team player. Problem-solving skills.
Are you the one we are looking for? Then don’t hesitate and contact us!
Applicants are requested to submit their CV with a cover letter outlining their motivation for the position by email to firstname.lastname@example.org