Working at Pepscan
Pepscan's current vacancies:
We encourage open applications. Are you talented, motivated, do you feel you have the right skills and do you want to join our team? Please send your CV and short motivation letter to our HR Department.
Open applications will be shared with DULISCO, the Dutch Life Sciences Cooperatie UA. Pepscan is one of the members of DULISCO, together with four other Life Sciences companies. DULISCO or its members might reach out to you in case your application is of interest for one of the other members.
Business Development Manager Biopharma
Pepscan is an all-in-one partner in peptides, building on 25 years of experience in advancing and applying peptide expertise to facilitate customers in the discovery, development and production of peptides. At its end-to-end facility in Lelystad, the Netherlands, Pepscan offers a range of patented technologies, phage display capabilities, a lead-optimization array platform and production facilities for R&D- to GMP-grade peptides, including libraries and neoantigen vaccines. Among its patents is the CLIPS™ technology, which locks peptides into active conformations.
With its epitope mapping service platform, Pepscan also supports biotech companies in developing their antibody pipelines. The underlying protein mimicry platform delivers binding insights, even in cases where other technologies, such as linear, fall short.
Pepscan has set up in-house peptide discovery capabilities and has enhanced its peptide production to meet GMP standards (for clinical phase I/II).
Its phage display platform is unique thanks to the large variety of very specific peptide structures in its CLIPS™ technology-based libraries. The first commercial projects have proven the power of the technology. The platform has been developed within Pepscan's all-in-one facility, which includes a platform for lead optimization and clinical production as well. The latter is the result of combining the solid track-record in reliable production of – preferably complex - R&D peptides and a newly set-up simple, effective and compliant quality system.
Pepscan wants to accelerate the awareness and acceptance of its discovery platform and its clinical production capabilities in the market – to unlock the potential of regular and in particular CLIPS™ peptides to boost customers' R&D pipeline success. Pepscan is looking for a Business Development Manager to drive this process. The new position of Business Development Manager should be able to share the CLIPS™ technology potential with new customers.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for proactively selling the Pepscan portfolio towards (bio)pharmaceutical companies. The offering consists of both R&D collaboration projects consisting of peptide discovery and lead optimization as well as supply projects for (clinical) production. The geographic scope is global, but with a clear focus on the US and EU markets. The successful candidate should therefore already have a network of potential customers and a network within the industry (mid-sized and big pharma in the EU and US) as well as experience with commercially contracting early R&D collaborations and/or clinical production.
Candidates must be able to both drive short-term revenue and establish long-term mutually beneficial relationships with customers. The candidate should have experience in and understand the requirements and challenges of drug discovery and development.
In this key position the Business Development Manager will have experience selling within the drug development pathway (including API) and has competent knowledge of discovery science – preferably combined with knowledge of both preclinical and clinical development.
The Business Development Manager will also need to leverage internal team expertise (operations, project management, regulatory, science & technology, etc.) to resolve problems and add value to Pepscan’s offerings.
Your responsibilities and duties
- Secure and retain business through professional, consultative, proactive sales activities directed at decision-makers and decision influencers within new customers
- Bring business opportunities to fruition and develop long-term relationships
- Broaden awareness of Pepscan’s capabilities among relevant audiences – such as groups responsible for new modalities within larger pharma companies – and build rapport with these potential key customer contacts
- Develop value propositions consistent with Pepscan’s capabilities to increase the project portfolio/pipeline – with focus on specific niches in the market
- Remain engaged in ongoing projects to help ensure that deliverables, timelines, quality standards and, most importantly, customer expectations are met
- Gather and communicate relevant market information to management team
- Ensure that quotes and meeting updates are submitted in a timely manner
- Establish and cultivate customer relationships to ensure customer satisfaction
- Build individual account plans where appropriate and as directed by management
- Higher level of education (B.Sc./M.Sc.) in a relevant discipline such as chemistry, (bio)chemistry or biotechnology
- 3-5 years of experience in business development within a CRO/CMO or pharma company – resulting in a demonstrable understanding of the drug discovery and development process
- Practical experience in contracting R&D collaborations and/or clinical production – from either supplier or customer side
- Successful track record in selling (including negotiation and deal closure skills)
- Superior and demonstrated account management based on building relationships on trust, engagement and long-term commitment
- Commercial mindset
- Entrepreneurial self-starter (ability to work independently and manage one’s time)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven track record in exceeding sales targets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)
- Results driven
- Stress resistant – able to work under pressure (workload peaks) and meet deadlines while maintaining a positive attitude
- Willing to make frequent trips abroad (up to 40% – mainly US/EU) and in possession of a driver's license
- Knowledge of peptide synthesis is an advantage
- Project management skills are an advantage
What we offer
The position offers an opportunity to work within a team (35 FTE) of entrepreneurial, science-loving colleagues, all of whom are committed to improving the lives of patients through the potential of peptides.
Pepscan offers an informal working environment, with a great deal of room for personal development and room to shape your role. We offer a market conform salary and a good pension plan. The right candidate will be welcomed enthusiastically.
Interested? Please send us your CV and motivation letter.
Recruiters should not contact us.
Voor onze Synthese en Analytische labs zijn wij regelmatig op zoek naar getalenteerde, veelzijdige
CHEMISCHE TECHNICUS (m/v, 100%)
Deze functie omvat chemisch technische activiteiten in het lab. Je werkt binnen een team aan de productie van custom peptiden (synthese, UPLC-MS analyse en aflevering naar klanten).
De ideale kandidaat heeft een afgeronde relevante HLO/MLO opleiding in een chemische of organisch-chemische richting. Hij/zij is een teamplayer met analytisch denkvermogen die binnen de peptidenfaciliteit zelfstandig kan opereren. Hij/zij is resultaatgericht, accuraat, kwaliteitbewust, flexibel en gericht op samenwerking tot een goed eindproduct. Ervaring/kennis van zowel peptiden chemie als ervaring met GMP zijn een pré.
Interesse? Voor verdere informatie of uw open sollicitatie met CV kunt u een e-mail sturen naar: email@example.com.