Combining smart peptide science and flexible manufacturing capabilities conform GMP
A therapeutic peptide’s pharmacokinetic properties and therapeutic potential can be improved by linking it to a fatty acid or lipid tail. This form of post-synthesis modification results in a longer circulation half-life of the peptide, which increases the chance of success significantly. Pepscan employs some of the industry’s finest chemists capable of applying their expertise in the fields of peptide synthesis to optimize linkage of any standardized or tailored lipid tail to your peptides.
Our technology is based on unique and fully optimized chemical methods to connect the hydrophobic units to peptides in an intelligent manner. Use of this technology while performing preparative HPLC-purification avoids challenges. Among the techniques we use are:
- Post-palmitoylation On-Resin
- Post-palmitoylation In-Solution
- Any other Post-lipidation In-Solution: general for connecting hydrophobic moieties, like cholesterol, tocopherol, thyroid hormones (T3, T4, rT3), etc.
Proven track record in post-synthesis modifications
We have a long track record of successfully delivered hydrophobic peptides, including:
- Palmitoylated peptides – peptides carrying multiple palmitoyl chains
- Peptide cholesterol/tocopherol conjugates – peptides with a terminal or sidechain cholesterol/tocopherol unit attached
- Peptide NH3/T3/rT3/T4 conjugates – peptides with a thyroid hormone agonist/antagonist unit attached.
Helping you turn your peptide project into a success story
We assist you in progressing your peptide project through the various stages of development towards clinical application and commercialization. The lean processes and structures we have in place meet pharmaceutical industry standards and give us the agility to meet your needs – so you can make your clinical trial a success story. At the start of every project Pepscan conducts a rigorous research and development analysis. Once we have identified what we believe is the optimal process, we review the detailed plan in consultation with you and your team. A CMC report is included in our services to facilitate your IMPD/IND/HREC filing.
Our facility, which includes class-D cleanrooms, allows us to manufacture clinical APIs, from milligram to gram quantities. For Phase 3 and commercial supply, we produce in an FDA/Swissmedic-inspected plant in Switzerland.