Combining flexible manufacturing capabilities conform GMP and smart peptide science
According to the World Health Organization, antibiotic resistance is among the biggest threats to global health, food security and societal development. To combat this, new options for antimicrobial treatment must be discovered and developed.
Antimicrobial peptides (AMP) have demonstrated great potential as novel therapeutics. The diversity and potency of AMPs make them attractive targets for development as antimicrobial drugs (1) and surface antiseptics (2), and dozens of AMPs are currently being evaluated in clinical trials (3).
We help you take your antimicrobial peptide project through the various stages of clinical development, application and commercialization. We tailor your peptides to your needs and specifications, and through streamlined project management and strict GMP-compliant procedures ensure rapid, reproducible and high-quality antimicrobial peptide manufacturing. Our lean processes and organization meet pharmaceutical industry standards and support your project’s success.
At our facility, which includes grade D cleanrooms, we manufacture clinical APIs in quantities ranging from milligrams to grams. For phase 3 clinical trials and commercial supply, we produce in an FDA/Swissmedic-inspected plant in Switzerland.
Key benefits of working with Pepscan
- Our strong track record and flexible, Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)-conform manufacturing capabilities
- Short timelines for various production phases due to flexible in-house peptide expertise
- Highly skilled peptide chemists experienced in “special” custom peptide synthesis
2. S. Forbes et al., Comparative surface antimicrobial properties of synthetic biocides and novel human apolipoprotein E derived antimicrobial peptides. Biomaterials 34, 5453–5464 (2013). doi: 10.1016/j.biomaterials.2013.03.087; pmid: 23623325
3. H. B. Koo, J. Seo, Antimicrobial peptides under clinical investigation. Pept. Sci. 111, e24122 (2019). doi: 10.1002/pep2.24122