Workflow & deliverables
Pepscan provides Precision Epitope Mapping as a complete end-to-end service. Supported by the expertise of our scientific team this allows each customer to fully benefit from all options the Precision Epitope Mapping technology offers.
A project usually starts with a discussion with the customer to define the project objectives. Before a project is discussed in detail, upon request, Pepscan is willing to sign a Confidentiality Disclosure Agreement (CDA) to assure absolute confidentiality.
Customer data input and sample requirements
- Sequence of target protein in FASTA format or UniProt ID.
- Minimal material consumption: 20 μg antibody or 20 μl polyclonal serum.
Tailor made project proposal
- Full description of project study proposal
- Timelines and budget
Design and synthesis of target-derived peptide arrays on re-usable “Minicards”
- Design based on protein sequence (linear, single-loops, double loops)
- Tailored additions to library based on 3D structure or customer input
- Potential to address Post Translational Modifications
Screening of samples
- On each re-usable Minicard up to 100 antibodies or sera can be screened
- Data quantification
- Storage in PepLab database
Extensive analysis of data
- Matrix scan / Box plots / Heat maps
- 3D imaging and modeling of protein
- Mapping of epitopes on protein
- Amino acid residue replacement analysis
- Fine Mapping of epitopes on protein
Deliverable: a detailed report
- Study design
- Experimental details
The timeline of a project starts with the design of the peptide arrays based on the sequence of target protein provided by the customer. Depending on the size of the target protein and the complexity of the project the synthesis of target-derived peptide arrays usually takes around 4 – 6 weeks. We usually ask to ship the sample(s) within this period. The duration of the screening depends on the number of samples to be tested, followed by 1-2 weeks for data analysis, evaluation and preparation of the report. In most cases a project is completed within 3 months, although more time may be needed for large series of samples.